Friday, January 21, 2011

What I'm Listening To...

One of my passions in life (besides The Bachelor and all of its spinoffs) is music.  And my ear doesn't really discriminate when it comes to good music.  So I wanted to share with you all some of the music that I've been listening to this week.

First up is a duo that I recently discovered through some kind of Web 2.0 convoluted way and I've fallen in love with them. Be sure to have a listen to The Civil Wars.




The second piece that I've been listening to non-stop is from Beethoven's Seventh Symphony, Movement Two.  I got fixated on it after hearing it in an integral part of the movie, "The King's Speech", which I highly, highly recommend everyone to see.  It is a fantastic film - a quiet movie but with a beautiful message and some really superb acting.



One of my favorite hip-hop artists, Talib Kweli, drops his new album next week, "Gutter Rainbows".  From what I've heard so far, it sounds like it is going to be awesome!



And finally I have been loving Kayne's latest album (the edited version - I'm not that hardcore).  And this song is just auditory awesomeness.


1 comment:

Josh said...

Kanye's new album is ridiculously good. for about a month straight i couldn't stop listening to it (along with some of the other Good Friday songs). I really like Devil in a New Dress.

Lots of twitter talk about Civil Wars, I'll have to check them out with a personal recommendation from you!

And Kweli's new jams should be awesome. I love, love, love hip-hop!