Thursday, July 24, 2008

In the Hot Zone: One Man, One Year, Twenty-one Wars In the Hot Zone: One Man, One Year, Twenty-one Wars by Kevin Sites


My review


I cannot wait to read this book. This book is the result of Kevin Sites' journey over the course of a year to 20 different "Hot Zones" - areas in the world that are torn apart by conflict. I followed Sites and all of his stories on Yahoo and the stories that he brought to the world are so amazing. I love him, his writing, and the way he reminds us that the stories we read in the newspapers about "ethnic conflicts", or "Palestinian rebels", etc, etc, have real human faces and lives behind them.



*Update* I just started reading this book tonight and am already flying through it. This is a must read for anyone who cares about goes on in the world outside of the United States.


View all my reviews.

1 comment:

Seth said...

That site values your site based on how many people link to you. My blog has been around for years longer than Josh's so that doesn't seem to play into it. It's all Josh's dumb youth pastor friends that link to him that run up his score. We could do a boycott of him to bring him down a notch.