Friday, November 2, 2007

I love makeover shows...


There is just something about makeover shows and fashion magazines that I love. I love the creativity that they inspire within me. I love watching the feeling of empowerment that the people feel after they go through their makeover. It becomes something that is much more than clothes - through the course of the show you find that the participant often has deep personal and emotional issues that are hidden underneath the facade of their t-shirts. It fascinates me how much a person's appearance can change with different clothes, haircut, and makeup and then how much that changes their view of themselves. I know self-worth isn't ultimately found in our appearance, but it is kind of amazing how our appearance can be a mirror for how much confidence we possess.

No comments: