Tuesday, May 5, 2009

{Insert a Title Here}

The title of this post pretty much sums it all up in terms of blogging lately. I am finding that it can be a frustrating process, because with a blog, you have to be mindful of what you are putting out there for the whole world wide web to see. Sometimes it doesn't matter, but there are other times that I will be writing a post and then stop because as I am writing, I find that this or that thought is really not something that I indeed want to share with the world wide web.

This why so often my posts are just boring thoughts about tv shows or books or nonsensical issues, because to really express yourself is something that you must be careful with, lest it be taken or interpreted the wrong way by whoever might be out there reading what you write.

Thus, that is all to say that I find it hard to think up of creative thoughts to write about, mainly because that takes a little bit of work on my part, and I am one of the laziest persons that live on this planet and would rather not have to put in the creative thought for the blog. If I have to really think about something, I will put off the thinking aspect of it and work on or do something else that will not require me to think. Some might call that procrastination, and they would be correct to a degree. But I think it also has to do with the fact that I can be too analytical for my own good, weighing all sides and options of the issue or problem, before coming to a conclusion. I can be a quick thinker if need be, but that quick thinking only comes under times of intense pressure. And as I am writing, I am discovering that it is focused thinking that I put off, because my mind often wanders in tangential thoughts.

And, I am resisting the impulse right now to delete that entire paragraph, because I am not sure whether or not all these thoughts should be shared!

So, I am going to try an experiment this month to see if I can be creative and post stuff up here and not delete half of it. We shall see how that goes.

And for a daily dose of fresh content, check out Ruminations and Reflections, where it is much easier for me to post daily, since it is all other people's thoughts that I find interesting!

No comments: