Thursday, October 6, 2011

Five Years of Blogging

September came and went before I could acknowledge The Road Goes Ever On's fifth year anniversary.  And holy cow, I can't believe that I started this little experiment over five years ago.  Seriously?

I have to admit though that this blog has been neglected for a long time.  I have been dealing with conflicting feelings about this blog and what it is for and what to actually write about and if it is even worth writing on here.  It is a pull between saying too little and saying too much.

But letting fear stagnate creativity is not something that I wish to keep doing. Life has kept me from pursuing this medium and exploring the power of the written word, but that is also an excuse that masks the fear, the lizard brain, from standing up and putting words to random thoughts that are connected in the unique way that I happen to see.

So I promise to keep going with this blog and to put a little bit more time, thought, and courage into it.  Let's see where the road takes us next...

No comments: